Modern entertainment has flaws,
shallow,
unbalanced in narrative.
Minute by minute they
are puzzle-pieced and formed,
episodes and films take form,
flamboyance, lights, special effects .
The book,
simply the book
was pure and wonderful:
it was both simple and complex
guiding hungry imagination onwards.
Film wants to be simpler and noble,
thriller wants to be soft and sweet
rom-com is too dishonest and misled,
animation too fanciful wishing for truth,
comedies vie for realism,
reality attempts for comedic truth,
but the book
simply wants to be
a book
and all books are stories
from novels to nonfiction
from fantasy worlds reaching the end of space
to present day life,
from classics to the
nonlinear story.
not finished :(
Although you're not finished, you're off to a great start!
ReplyDeleteI agree with your poem, and this was my favorite line:
"The book,
simply the book
was pure and wonderful"
I hope you continue the poem!
I love what you have so far! I really hope you finish the poem. I really liked how you talked about why films, thrillers, rom-con, animation, reality, and comedies all had their flaws but a book was flawless.
ReplyDeleteI love how in this poem you not only sang praises to the book but also contrasted it to film. You have nice word choice in this too wich gives good imagery. Nice job mimicking Neruda!
ReplyDeletei agree with savita, I love how you are contrasting books with film and your vocabulary is very good
ReplyDeleteYour poem is simple and clear, yet deep. It has that Neruda-like contemplation as well. Nice! (P.s. the purple blog background fits it well i think.)
ReplyDeleteThis is the start of a great poem!
ReplyDeleteMaybe you should also throw out some music genres you dont like to give a better idea of what you do like.