Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Writers and their Notebooks: "Using My Notebook"
This piece really spoke to me. I found myself agreeing with the majority of the points Stavans brings up about his notebook, probably because this is very similar to how I view my sketchbook. One of my favorite ideas was how Stavans played with the idea of what is worth writing down. I liked how he said that they have to all come out on his notebook to be related to another idea before he can even determine this. This seemed important to me because it really defines the purpose of having a notebook. Before you can decide if something should be written or drawn to be shared, you have to play with the idea first. The notebook acts as a sanctuary that only you can visit where you can write down ideas without fear of reaction or judgement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment